Rose International values your privacy. It is our policy to comply with all applicable data security/privacy laws. In doing so, we have implemented a variety of organizational and technical security measures to keep your personal information private and protected, such as limiting access, secured networks, and encryption. We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal, identifiable information to outside parties.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information from you for employment-related purposes when you visit our website, use our services, visit our branch office locations, or when you provide it to us in another manner. We may also collect information from third-parties as set forth in this policy.
We collect information when you choose to give it to us. Within the last twelve (12) months, Rose International has collected the following categories of information from candidates/employees as allowable under applicable law:
- Category A: Identifiers, such as name, phone number, mailing address, e-mail address, online identifiers and Social Security numbers and other government-issued ID numbers.
- Category B: Personal information, as defined in the California consumer records law, such as insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, financial information, medical information and health information.
- Category C: Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as sex, age, race, religion, national origin, disability, medical conditions and information, citizenship, immigration status and marital status (Providing this information is voluntary and is only used by Rose International to meet diversity goals and/or to respond to government required reports, i.e. EEO-1 reporting. We do not provide this information to hiring managers).
- Category D: Internet or network activity information, such as browsing history and interactions with our website, applications or systems (review access is limited to internal IT department for internal employees only).
- Category E: Professional or employment-related information, such as work history and prior employer, resume, cover letter, and other material you provide.
- Category F: Job application materials including application form, cover letter, and other material you provide.
Also, during our recruitment process and to the extent allowably under applicable law, we may also collect your job search criteria and preferences, employment experience, educational history, skills, references information, background information, and other information contained in your resume.
Sources of Information
In addition to the information we collect from you, we may also collect information about you from third-party sources, which include:
- Third-party websites and services like job boards and professional network sites;
- background check providers (pursuant to an authorized investigative consumer report/background check);
- your references;
- business intelligence sources; or,
- A Rose affiliate, which is a company owned by Rose.
We collect and use the above personal information for business purposes, which include:
- To ensure the security of our sites and services, to protect against fraud, and to comply with state and federal law and regulations;
- To provide you, our clients and prospective clients, and our candidates and prospective candidates, with our services;
- To best tailor content and resources according to your preferences;
- To process payroll;
- To track time and attendance;
- To manage workers’ compensation claims (if requested by worker’s compensation carrier and as allowable under applicable law);
- To administer and maintain benefits, including group health insurance;
- To administer and maintain retirement service;
- To manage employee performance of their job duties, including promotions, discipline, and/or termination (Category D only);
- To conduct workplace investigations (Category D only);
- To evaluate job applicants and candidates for employment;
- To obtain and verify background checks; and,
- To maintain commercial insurance policies and coverages, including for workers’ compensation and other liability insurance.
Disclosures of Personal Information
- Rose International may disclose Personal Information to clients, services providers, an affiliate company, or other third-parties to the extent allowable and/or required under applicable law. The disclosure to third-parties would occur in the following circumstances:
- We will disclose information to our clients where necessary and appropriate in connection with providing staffing services.
- We may disclose information to service providers, companies and/or individuals we employ to perform business functions and services on our behalf. Such functions may include, for example, payroll processing, auditing, security, analyzing data, providing legal, accounting and marketing services.
Rose International may also share aggregate personal data from you and others and share it with clients, governmental agencies, or other third-parties. This information will not identify you personally.
Data Storage and Transfer
Rose International is a global company with its headquarters in Chesterfield, Missouri. To facilitate its global operations, Rose International may transfer, store, access and process information around the U.S. or any other country/jurisdiction in which it or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or agents — domestic or foreign —operates a place of business. A list of Rose International’s U.S. and global offices is available at www.roseint.com for reference.
By using Rose International websites, you consent to any such transfer, storage, access and/or processing of information outside the country/location of your residency and/or citizenship.
Rose International is committed to ensuring that your personal identifying information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access, use, modification, disclosure or destruction, we have put in place suitable and reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to keep the information that we collect secure. We also destroy (or arrange for secure destruction of) documents by making personal identifying information unreadable or completely indecipherable when information is no longer needed in compliance with applicable data security/privacy laws.
Rose International websites may require you to use a password selected by you. Passwords shall not be shared and must be kept strictly confidential. You are responsible for all activities that occur through the use of your password, including unauthorized use, and for promptly notifying Rose of any unauthorized use and any other breach of security with respect to our Sites. Rose International, in its sole and absolute discretion, may at any time terminate or otherwise restrict access to and use of Rose International Sites, including without limitation if Rose should suspect unauthorized use of a password or any other breach of security.
Information Security Incident Response
If Rose International discovers that your personal information has been involved in a security incident, we will take reasonable and appropriate steps to respond to the incident in a timely manner and, where legally required, notify you of the incident.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Sending a Secure File to Rose
If at any time you would like to send or submit a secure document/file to Rose whether in response to a business/employment request or otherwise, you may do so via our secure web upload portal. Securing and protecting your information is of the utmost importance to Rose and we take your privacy very seriously. Please visit the following portal on our website in order to submit a secure document/file: https://www.roseint.com/UploadFile/SendSecureFileNew.aspx
Rose International will retain your personal information for as long as we have a business need and purpose in doing so, including storage for auditing and archival purposes. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Your Rights and Choices
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights, subject to certain exceptions defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and other applicable laws/regulations:
- 1. The right to request access to personal information up to two (2) times within a twelve (12) year period. Employees exercising this right under the CCPA must submit a written request to Human Resources at HR@roseint.com. The verifiable request must:
- a. Provide sufficient information allowing Rose International to reasonably verify that the requestor is the individual about whom we collected personal information (or an authorized representative); and,
- b. Be described with sufficient detail allowing Rose International to properly understand, evaluate, and respond.
Rose International will provide access and the necessary information in a portable and easily accessible format within 45 days of the underlying request. Rose International will only use personal information provided in a verifiable request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request. Rose International will not be able to respond to a request or provide personal information if your identity or authority cannot be verified.
- 2. The right to request deletion of personal information held by Rose International. However, this right does not apply where Rose International needs to retain personal information in order to any of the following:
- a. Provide goods or services to the consumer
- b. Detect or resolve issues security or functionality-related issues;
- c. Comply with the law;
- d. Conduct research in the public interest; Safeguard the right to free speech; or,
- e. Carry out any actions for internal purposes that the consumer might reasonably expect.
- 3. The right not to be discriminated against for having exercised his/her rights under the CCPA. Rose International will not and does not discriminate for the exercise of any applicable CCPA right.
If an employee requests to receive information in an ongoing manner through our website by providing an e-mail address or mobile phone number, he/she user may request to discontinue future mailings or messages. Similarly, if you receive information about a Rose International service through e-mail or text message, you may submit a written request to discontinue receiving similar messages in the future. All such materials sent to you by e-mail or text message will contain information about how to opt out or unsubscribe.
Rose International services and websites are not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18) and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 18. If we believe you are under 18, we may delete your information at any time without notice to you.
Questions, Inquiries, and Contacts
Our headquarters address is:
Rose International, Inc.
16305 Swingley Ridge Road, Suite 350
Chesterfield, MO 63017
You may also send a message to Rose’s Candidate Care Team by visiting our website.
Last Modified: 1/1/2020